Here you can find the list of the PDF transcriptions currently available for purchase (some of them are free – for the purchase see below). Please note that this list may increase in the future.
If you want me to transcribe a particular tune please write me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
musician – tune – album title – album’s main artist
- Horace Silver on Solar (Walkin’, Miles Davis) download FREE PDF
- Wynton Kelly on Freddie Freeloader (Kind of Blue, Miles Davis) download FREE PDF
- Chet Baker on My Melancholy Baby (As Time Goes By, Chet Baker) download FREE PDF
- Bill Evans on Dolphin Dance (I Will Say Goodbye, Bill Evans) video+sheet
- Chris Potter on The Sweet Yakiti Waltz (What Now?, Kenny Wheeler) video
- Keith Jarrett on Prism (Changes, Keith Jarrett) video
- Paul Bley on Ramblin’ (Ramblin’, Paul Bley)
- Herbie Hancock on Billie’s bounce (Giblet Gravy, George Benson) video
- John Taylor on How Deep Is The Ocean (intro) (Blue Glass, John Taylor)
- John Taylor – New Old Age (You Never Know, Peter Erskine / New Old Age, Taylor/Swallow/Mirabassi) download FREE PDF
- John Taylor – Sirens’ Song (Azimuth, Azimuth)
- John Taylor – Eulogy (The Touchstone, Azimuth)
- Richie Beirach – Neptune (Arcade, John Abercrombie)
- Fred Hersch – Pastorale (Alone at the Vanguard, Fred Hersch)
There is a donate button below. If you think this work is useful and valuable, you can also make a symbolic donation of 2€ for the free material. Thank you.
This page is dedicated to some of my own transcriptions of my favorite solos and tunes. You can freely download some of them, and feel free to contact me if you have any question about it. These PDFs are for private educational purpose only. Any commercial use without a specific authorization is forbidden.
You can find here some classic jazz solos from the 50’s and 60’s as well as more recent material. I’m happy to share some of these transcriptions for free with all the world since I strongly believe in cooperation, with the hope these sheets will help other musicians to enrich their own personal taste. I also believe in free access to culture for everybody, that’s why I put some of the material for free. Nevertheless, to protect my job and as a compensation for the expertise and time involved in transcribing, I ask for the other material a donation of 5€ for a single transcription (just make the donation clicking on the button and then write the title(s) you want at email@example.com; after the donation is done you’ll receive the printable PDFs at your email address).
As you should know, a transcription is only a guideline, and you have to listen through the record again and again to be able to reproduce all the nuances of the execution. This step is very important, as well as learn by heart the song and the solo you want to study.
6 Replies to “Transcriptions”
hello. I am interested in the Fred Hersch “Pastoral.” Have you transcribed the entire thing? thanks, SL
The theme, like all the songs in the “Tunes” section. Cheers
Hi, do you have the jarrett solo on prism? thx!
Yep, exactly! A great solo, both for artistic and technical reasons. I also put around 90% of left hand. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get it 😉
Please send keith pdf prism !
Dear Lakatos Béla, the full printable PDF of Keith Jarrett’s transcription has a price of 5€ as you can see reading this page. There’s a PayPal link: after you make the donation, the PDF will be sent to your email address. For any further question please write at: email@example.com.